Travelling with pets Travelling by plane. Pet ownership should pay particular attention Since some airlines often have different requirements. In particular, the size and weight of the species before traveling should check with the airline before.
Tips for traveling with pets. by air.
Generally, airlines allow pet owners to bring a dog or cat that is smaller less than 15 pounds, By putting on luggage for animals placed under the passenger seat. Some airlines may be forced to have pets in the room passenger no more than 2. If the over weight or exceed the number of animals will sent under the air the machine with a specific temperature. And the dogs are very large. Weighing more than 35 kg, some airlines will on through the warehouse system. Therefore, you should make reservations by specifying the number of animals.
General regulation of the airlines. Pets must not be less than 2 months and then weaned at least 5 days prior to departure. Depending on the laws of the destination country. Airline tickets should choose a type of direct fly. avoid airlines have changed. If booking tickets midweek avoid travel on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or holiday. During hot weather, choose an early trip or at night if the weather is very cold. Travel time in daylight.
In general, the rules and regulations Other mandates that if the airline can not prevent temperature changes affect animals. At temperatures below 45 °Fahrenheit, for more than 45 minutes during the unloading of the unit to the building occupants do not allow animal to airlines boarding. Unless a certificate from a veterinarian stating that the animal itself. It can withstand temperatures up to 45 °Fahrenheit. This high, but not more than 85 °Fahrenheit. more than 45 minutes.
Dogs to consider the temperature change . Especially in hot weather is the dog species of short face, such as Bulldogs, Pugs have a high potential to cause heat stroke. Sometimes the animal may have died before the boarding. Because during transport of passengers to the machine. No air conditioning and animals are to wait in the baggage handling area the temperature is higher than normal. Upon arrival at the airport. Before getting a pet, please check and take it out for a walk. Then the pets cage imported then inform the airline to bring up should be emphasized that the airline officials stated that traveling with a pet. Pilots were prepared to make room for pets by providing oxygen, temperature and pressure inside a pet store that is right for the animals. When arrive at the destination, then make pets out for a walk.
Cages to transport pets should be as follows , according to the airline.
1. Sizes must be larger than animals. In animals that can stand without touching the top of the cage. Or higher cage of the animal while standing about 1 creep can be rotated , and sleep.
2. It should have a high resistance no sharp edges and handles.
3. box ground water should be filtered , and the lining of the box with materials that absorb water well.
4. Cage has clearly marked . Pet owners name, address, contact, and have the word live animals and should an arrow pointing up to the cage in the right direction . Other important issues, such as a vaccine, health certificate copy photos from around the waterproof storage and put it in the cage documents.
5. on the opposite side of the cage should have ventilation holes and try to train your dog to become familiar. Never before travel cage is not very frightened animals should remove clothing that smells owner put in the cage with clothing such as socks , but not washing.
6. Cage must be strong and secure. In particular, the box should have a rope tied to the top floor. Enclosure to prevent accidental opening.
Before traveling you should consult a veterinarian about food. Safety should give the dog an empty stomach. However, it should also give water. However, depending on the size of the animal's age and duration of the trip. In some cases, animals need food as a special case. Such as patients with renal disease Special Needs Food should be prepared with. Not recommended for pets drug absorption. Doping or another during the flight.